Office Relocation Townsville
We offer a full range of commercial relocation services, from internal office relocation in Townsville moves and multi-site relocations to specialist moves covering anything from museum exhibitions to hospital wards.
We can also help you store excess stock, provide expert teams to help with your IT Moves, provide help with recycling and other commercial services that can be just as important to your business.
With every office relocation comes a unique set of challenges and Dawson Moving & Storage NQ can always deliver the right business move solution for you.
Whether you’re moving up a few floors, across town or relocating to a new office on the other side of the country, our national network and specialist expertise ensures that whatever challenge comes our way, we have the resources, experience and flexibility to get the job done.
Over 70% of our commercial removals work is based on repeat or referred business, so we know that our clients appreciate our commitment to delivering service, attention to detail and excellent value for money.
At the end of the day, we’re aware that your business has to function and operate even when an office move is in progress. That’s why our dedicated and professional teams take time to understand your exact requirements and objectives in order to provide business continuity throughout the moving process.
The Office Relocation Plan
First things first – choose your new premises
Give yourself plenty of time to find the perfect new office that satisfies all your working requirements – but also make sure you give yourself a realistic deadline or it can go on forever! Ask yourself a few simple questions…
Is it big enough for you and your employees now, and is there room for you to expand in the future if you need to?
What’s the security like? Not just in your particular building but in the surrounding area? And how will it affect your insurance?
Check the transport links and parking. Your employees will need to be able to get to work easily, and offering convenient access to visiting clients is always a bonus.
Check it has all the facilities you need – enough power outlets, a kitchen you can use, drinking water taps, male and female toilets and showers, air con and central heating…
Whatever you decide your priorities are, be sure to negotiate the terms of your lease effectively to suit them; it is often essential that you get legal advice to do this properly. Remember, if you’re a start-up business, a flexible lease will be ideal, but if you’re confident enough to want a non-flexible lease, it may take longer to negotiate.
Get your Office Move Project planned out!
The next step is the planning – this can never be too detailed; if you plan for every eventuality, nothing can surprise you and you can be sure of a smooth office move.
Remember, the longer the move takes, the more it will cost your business, so planning really is everything!
Get in touch
If you are interested in working together, send us an inquiry and we will get back to you as soon as we can!
Your Guide To Moving Office
The Office Checklist
Six weeks to moving day:
- Measure your new office space ready for your new furniture design and layouts!
Four weeks to moving day:
- If your management company does not take care of the security, arrange for a security company to survey your new office.
- Ask your furniture suppliers if they offer advice on layout and design to make the best use of your space.
- If you need to, order new furniture to suit the new space and ensure it will be delivered the week before the move.
- Contact Dawson Moving & Storage NQ and get a quote.
- Arrange your new electronics and phone lines. Your existing IT support should be able to help you with the technical aspect of the move. The fewer people who are about on moving day, the smoother it will go!
- Three weeks to moving day:
As with moving house, make sure you inform all your existing suppliers that you are moving out, so cancel, or move, everything from your daily milk deliveries to your cleaners and maintenance engineers!
Order your new stationary with the new business address, and organise the change of address notifications so they are ready to send.
Two weeks to moving day:
- While the office is still empty, have all your broadband and phone lines put in.
- Set up forwarding telephone numbers, unless you can transfer your phone numbers with your telephone providers.
- Set up a postal redirect ready for the move date and send out your change of address notifications.
- Make sure you have all the essentials in place and check the kitchen and bathroom facilities are all working.
- If for any reason there is a delay between your moving out and moving in dates, arrange for external storage of your desks, files and IT equipment.
One week before move:
- Have Dawson Moving & Storage NQ supply and deliver your moving boxes – we offer a packing service for you, so your employees can continue working for as long as possible.
- Ensure any large pieces of storage furniture are set up so they can be used straight away.
- Have your IT company set up all the necessary servers, cables and wiring.
- Make sure that all your furniture is delivered and arrange for your movers to set it all up.
- Ask your cleaners to do a final clean of the old office to be sure you leave it in a good condition for your landlord or we can arrange to do this for you.
One week before move:
We know that being in charge of an office move can be stressful and nerve-racking – after all there is a lot at stake – but if you follow this guide and plan everything meticulously, come moving day you should be able to relax a little!
Leave your move in the safe and capable hands of Dawson Moving & Storage NQ.